Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bersaglieri Motociclisti, Part 2

Continuing on from Part 1, here is my platoon of Bersaglieri Motociclisti, as well as the command stand, the anti-tank rifle squad, and the heavy machine gun platoon. Italian platoons (and for that matter, squads too) were twice the size that they were in other armies, so I'm forced to do half-platoons per stand, as even at this scale, 8 per stand would be far too many. You'll see not all have been painted, textured, etc, but at least they're based now:
You'll note that I'm forced to use those damned Soviet PTRD anti-tank rifles again. The Solothurn rifles that I need, O8 doesn't make. As you can see, the PTRD and the Solothurn look nothing alike:
Well, I'll have to use what's available, like it or not. Grrrrrr! For heavy machine guns,
I didn't have enough Italian ones, but I did have a number of Soviet ones lying about that I've never had a use for, so a bit of filing and they are now perfectly serviceable as Italians. 

Ok, now we pause on this topic until I can get everything textured and painted. Stand by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment