This week, I got a small shipment from Dom's Decals, including a package of Tumbling Dice 1/600 aircraft for my Vietnam War project. One pack of A-37B Dragonflies. As you can see, I cut the (overly large) nose refueling probe off of two of the models to make A-37A's
I've noticed that both Tumbling Dice and Oddzial Osmy make A-1H/J Skyraiders,
but neither make the A-1E two-seat version.
But lo and behold, TD does make an AD-4W Airborne Early Warning Skyraider. After clipping off sensor probes on the ailerons and the belly radome, viola!! An A-1E!! Well, at this scale, it's indistinguishable. Here it is after clipping, but before filing it smooth.
In order to mount fixed-wing aircraft, I use the same method that I use for helicopters (see my post of Aug. 7). However, aircraft tend to be a bit larger and heavier, so I use a larger gauge wire (.047") so it won't bow.
I've also finished a Timecast 1/300 Vietnamese building. It's a generic "shop", but I want to use it in the village that will be outside the gates of my fire support base, so I've interpreted it as a small restaurant selling food to the American troops, a Vietnamese "greasy spoon".
That raps up another weekend. Next installment soon!